Passive GSM Interception System is intended for from-the-air reception, recording, decryption and decoding of voice and SMS communication sessions in GSM networks with possibility of listening and viewing the intercepted information.
System is able to work in all GSM networks, using A5.2 and A5.1 encryption or non-encrypted (A5.0).
The operation of the system is based on interception and recording of all the information from the available radio-channels of GSM network (the quantity of channels to be intercepted at once depends on the configuration of Interception Unit) with further procession of intercepted traffic with possibility to restore the communication sessions, decrypt and decode them.
AquaGSM system provides the following:
- Scanning of the radio environment and detection of active GSM radio-channels with
extraction of information about the GSM network (MCC, MNC, LAC, Cell ID, etc.).
- Tuning of the system to desired radio-channels.
- Reception, demodulation and recording of the intercepted information for further procession.
- Decryption/decoding of A5.2, A5.0 in real time.
- Sending the needed information to Decryption Unit for decryption and reception of encryption keys for A5.1 algorithm from it.
- Reconstruction of communication sessions (voice and SMS) and their storage together with CRI into database.
- Filtering and priority-based procession of calls.
- Listening of the calls and viewing of CRI from the database.
|Down Converter Modules:||Input frequency band 850, 900, 1800 or 1900 MHz;
Output frequency range – 70 MHz IF;
|Receiver Modules:||Input frequency range – 70 MHz IF;
Output/control interface – Ethernet;
Quantity of modules per chassis – 128;
|Decryption Unit:||А5.1, А5.2
Quantity of units per system – not limited.
|Control Computer:||Specifications of Control Computer(s) are to be decided in accordance to operational requirement. It’s hardware provide the necessary recording and processing capacity. All the information, received by the receivers of the system can be recorded during the period of time as per customer’s requirements (for longer storage time/higher channels capacity more then one computer might be needed).|
- Easy update/reconfiguration of the system for new protocols/standards. Such updates can be also arranged remotely.
- Possibility of “historical” searching through the intercepted information and of decoding/decryption of traffic of subscribers, which have not been included into target list at the moment of interception.
- Easy extendable system in terms of channel capacity, decryption time, storage resources. Possibility of in-the-field re-configuration of the system to meet current needs.