Universal Legal Interception System
The TerraLIS Legal Interception System is intended for interception and procession of communication
sessions from telephony and data transmission sub-networks by authorized law
enforcement agencies. It provides the possibility of interception both from traditional channel
switched telephone networks and new generation multi-service networks (NGN).
• Connection to network elements of service provider via SORM, ETSI, CALEA interfaces or via internal
interfaces, provided by the communication switch itself (Х-interface).
Functional features of TerraLIS system:
• Connection to the following types of network equipment: PSTN, GSM, CDMA, NGN, GGSN, SGSN, PDSN;
• Interception of incoming and outgoing calls (internal, local, in-zone, long-distance and international)
to/from certain subscribers of the given switch, being monitored;
• Interception of outgoing call from all the subscribers of given switch to pre-defined numbers in
the telephony network;
• Interception of facts of setting up or changinh by the subscriber being monitored of the additional
services, changing the direction of
the calls (call forwarding, conference
calls, etc.) or numbering information
(fast dialing, direct calling, etc.).
• Long-term storage of all the intercepted
• Detection of subscriber’s location
with indication on the map;
• Gathering of the statistics about system
• Indication of information in convenient
• Possibility of monitoring of subscribers
by different identities.
Brief description of TerraLIS system key elements.
• Mediation Device (MD) is intended for interaction with switching equipmentof service provider
for implementation of monitoring features. MD can be connected to switching equipment via
various interfaces – SORM, ETSI, CALEA, internal interfaces of equipment vendor.
• Database Server is intended for storage of information about the registered communication sessions.
• Archive server is intended for long-term storage of information about communication sessions,
stored to the archive.
• Query Procession Server is intended for separation of access from processing sites to procession
• Data Conversion Server is intended for conversion of fax and modem messages into the form,
viewable by operators.
• Data Processing Server is intended for procession and storage of information from data transmission
sub-networks (GPRS, PDSN, IP-traffic).
• Optical Recognition Station is intended for text recognition from intercepted fax pages and information
storage to text files.
• Keyword Search Station is intended for automated search of set keywords through the recognized
fax and modem messages.
• System Administrator Workstation is intended for control of Operator’s activities, forming of target
selection table, allocation of tasks to Operators, etc.
• Control Server is intended for technological control of elements of the system.
• Administrator on Duty Workstation is intended for control of Operator’s activities, allocation of
tasks to Operators, distribution of load between Operators (within the margins, defined by System
• Operator Workstation is intended for procession of intercepted communication sessions and creation
of reports about their contents.